Become A Vendor
Food Vendor Rules and Regulations
W.C. Handy Blues and Barbecue Festival
June 17–18, 2022
- An application is a commitment, and no refunds will be made for cancellations. Refunds will be made to vendors who are not accepted. DEADLINE for receipt of application is April 15, 2022. An application is included with these rules and regulations and should be mailed to: Henderson Musical Preservation Society, inc. Mauricia Cravens, 325 Elk Avenue, Henderson, KY 42420.
- Payment must be made WITH THE APPLICATION. Checks should be made payable to the Henderson Musical Preservation Society (HMPS). They will not be deposited until May 15, 2022.
- WITH THE APPLICATION, a certificate of insurance for a minimum of $1,000,000 liability coverage. (Original from Insurance Company. No photocopies accepted.)
- Booths are suggested to be set up the evening of Thursday, June 16th . All booths must be set up by 9am Friday morning, and open for business by 11am on Friday, June 17th and by 10am Saturday, June 18th, 2022. Tear down will be permitted to begin at the close of the festival at 10pm on Saturday, June 18th, or before noon Sunday, June 19th, 2022. (NO SECURITY FOR SATURDAY NIGHT)
- Each booth must comply with the rules of the Henderson County Department of Health, The Kentucky Fire Prevention Code, and the Kentucky Building Codes. The Henderson Musical Preservation Society, Inc. reserves the right to close down an operator’s concession if it is not operated in accordance with the rules and regulations herein, or if said operations violate city ordinances or are otherwise objectionable to the purposes and goals of the Henderson Musical Preservation Society, Inc. Regulations will be mailed to all accepted vendors.
- A selection committee chooses food vendors. Local vendors and past participants are given priority. However, the main consideration is variety of foods. Vendors will be limited to serving only those menu items listed on the application. The selection committee may request that you add or delete menu items. New vendors required to provide photos of your booth. Acceptance and rejection letters will be mailed no later than May 10th, 2022.
- All services are single phase only. If specifications differ, please state them on application form.
|0-20 AMPS||$20 (ONE 110 PLUG)|
Any additional electrical not initially specified will be charged a $100 service fee which must be paid before the vendor will be allowed to hook-up.
- A booth is defined as being the total street front space needed to conduct business. The standard charge for each booth will be $42 per street front used to conduct business. Overhang of signs and tongue to be included in the calculations of footage. The minimum charge is $420 for commercial vendors.
- A $100 refundable deposit is required for ensuring your space is cleaned-up and trash is put in the dumpster. Please write a separate check for this deposit so that it may be returned to you
APPLICATIONS WILL BE RETURNED UPON RECEIPT IF PAYMENT AND CERTIFICATION OF INSURANCE ARE NOT INCLUDED.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: MAURICIA CRAVENS (270) 823-2774 OR EMAIL: email@example.com