Become A Vendor
Food Vendor Rules and Regulations
W.C. Handy Blues and Barbecue Festival
- An application is a commitment and no refunds will be made for cancellations. Refunds will be made to vendors who are not accepted. DEADLINE for receipt of application is April 15, 2021. The application is included with these rules and regulations and should be mailed to: Henderson Musical Preservation Society, Inc. Rex Jewell, 4057 Trigg-Turner Rd., Corydon, KY 42406.
- Payment must be made WITH THE APPLICATION. Checks should be made payable to the Henderson Musical Preservation Society, Inc. (HMPS). They will not be deposited until May 15, 2021.
- WITH THE APPLICATION, a certificate of insurance for a minimum of $1,000,000 liability coverage. (Originals from your insurance company only. No photocopies will be accepted.)
- Stands are suggested to be set up Thursday evening, June 17th. All stands must be set up by 9 AM Friday morning and open for business by 11 AM on Friday, June 18 and by 10 AM on Saturday, June 19, 2021. Tear down will be permitted to begin at the close of the Festival at 10 PM on Saturday, June 19 or before noon Sunday, June 20, 2021. (NO SECURITY FOR SATURDAY NIGHT).
- Each stand must comply with the rules of the Henderson County Department of Health, The Kentucky Fire Prevention Code, and the Kentucky Building Codes. The Henderson Musical Preservation Society, Inc. reserves the right to close down an operator’s concession if it is not operated in accordance with the rules and regulations herein, or if said operations violate city ordinances or are otherwise objectionable to the purposes and goals of the Henderson Musical Preservation Society, Inc. Regulations will be mailed to all accepted vendors.
- A selection committee chooses food vendors. Local vendors and past participants are given first priority; however the main consideration is variety of foods. Vendors will be limited to serving only those menu items listed on the application. The selection committee may request that you add or delete menu items.
New vendors required to provide photos of your booth. Acceptance and rejection letters will be mailed no later than May 10, 2021.
- All Services are single phase only. If your specifications differ from this, please state them on the application form.
Requirements Service Charge 0-20 Amps
$20 (One 110 Plug)
Any additional electrical not initially specified will be charged at $100.00 service fee which must be paid before the vendor will be allowed to hook-up.
- A booth is defined as being the total street front space needed to conduct business. The standard charge for each booth will be $41.00 per street foot used to conduct business. Overhang of signs and tongue to be included in the calculations of footage. The minimum charge is $410.00 for commercial vendors.
- New this year $100.00 refundable deposit for making sure your space is cleaned-up and trash is put in dumpster. Please write a separate check for this deposit so that we can return it to you.
Applications will be returned upon receipt if payment and certificate of insurance are not included.
Please Note: Filling out this application does not guarantee acceptance. You will be contacted when your application has been officially accepted by the Handy Committee.
Henderson Musical Preservation Society, Inc.
ATTN: Rex Jewell
4057 Trigg-Turner Rd.
Corydon, KY 42406.
For more information contact: Rex Jewell (270) 533-9700, (270) 860-0333 or firstname.lastname@example.org